Group Class Teaching Preparation Form
This form is intended to be used as an educational tool for you, the teacher. Please be as detailed and yet as concise as possible.
1) What is the theme of your class? (In a few words or even one word)
2) Which 5 exercises will you use to reinforce this theme?
3) What props or pieces of equipment will you use to address the theme and how? Give specific examples.
4) List 3 verbal cues (metaphors or analogies) you will use to illustrate the theme to your clients.
5) List 3 key phrases you will use to remind your class of the theme they are focusing on.
6) Which of the six Pilates principles (Concentration, Centering, Control, Breathing, Precision, and Flow) would you like to emphasize in connection with your chosen theme?
7) Think outside the box. Give one exercise that seems unlikely to fit your theme and then convince us it does!
8) Who says you cannot work up a sweat in Pilates? Tell us how you are going to insure your clients lather themselves in hard work? When you ask “Did you get a good workout?”, the answer must be “yes”.