RPTT Meeting Week 3: teaching tools
- Week 2 Homework Questions
- Teaching Tools
- What to do - Demo carefully and quickly - when and why?
- How to do it - Biomechanics - Teaching posture - sitting / leaning / “energy from the teacher can never die”
- What to say - Language of training. How to get your client to own the workout
- Convertible Units - Not included at the Week 3 meeting
- Swedish Bar - Mentioned but not included at the Week 3 meeting
- Notes on stretching
Opening Question - Who was Clara Pilates?
- Pop Quiz - what is the set up for the Push Through?
- Pop Quiz 2 - where should your foot be on the high chair - Automatic fail.
- Romana said - “Energy from the teacher can never die.”
- Stand while teaching
- Unless Demo’ing you must present as an authority figure.
- The answer is never “no”, it’s yes to something else
- Own your workout - Use the word “your”. It’s your short box, let’s do your teaser.
- Develop the partnership. The words “we” and “let’s” suggest you are a team.
ANSWER: Joe’s wife - she was the one known for hands on.