The Real Pilates Standards of Training are distinguished by our focus on 4 key elements. Your weekly assignments are designed to develop your skill in each of these areas as well as your Anatomy, History and more.
WEEK 1 INDEPENDENT WORK
LINK: WEEK 1: AUDIO MEETING
Make Sure to update Your Tracking Spreadsheet Each Week.
POST ANSWERS IN CANVAS:
- Observe from behind, side and front while teaching the Short Box this week.
- Look from bird's eye (overhead) and side view while teaching the Running and Pelvic Lift.
Q: What angle do you prefer? Explain Why?
HANDS ON ASSIGNMENT
- Practice placing varied clients feet for Footwork
- Assisting a client's Curl up for 100 using one hand in the front and one on the back of the body. Use your "sandwich hands".
- Facilitating a client’s C-curve for Spine Stretch Forward
Q. Pilates is Resistance Training. How have you used your hands to provide Resistance this week? Give specific examples.
you'll need to find practice bodies asap - here's a Memory jogger form to help. - click here
The Art of Observing Handouts - Click Here
Your voice is your most important tool as a Pilates Teacher. As you begin to teach this week, you will find yourself developing habits and cueing that come naturally to you.
Q1: Observe your colleagues and mentors this week and write down 3 things you observed that were very different in each teacher’s cueing style. How do they communicate in different ways to their clients?
Q2: Think of 3/4 words for the Buttocks. Do not repeat anyone else’s words. List them.
1. Read this Summary Article on the History of Pilates.
Do some independent research about the exercise "culture" in the years 1925 - 1935.
Q1: Who were the frontrunners or influential names that peppered the landscape.
Q2: Do you think that Joseph Pilates was influenced by them? If so how? Explain your reasoning in no less than 2 paragraphs.
2. Pilates History - Read the first 4 Chapters of Your Health - attached here.
Q: What did Joseph Pilates believe was to blame for many of the modern day health problems and poor posture? Where did you find this answer?
PROGRAM DESIGN ASSIGNMENT
Create a Beginner session for a new student who just walked in and wants to tighten her rear-end. List all the exercises you would do, in order from beginning to the end in a 55 minute session.
get ready to test out - tip
Sound like a Real Pilates Teacher. Use Keywords like “Powerhouse”, “Scoop” and “C-curve” in every lesson. You will be assessed on this element of your teaching.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!