The Real Pilates Standards of Training are distinguished by our focus on 4 key elements. Your weekly assignments are designed to develop your skill in each of these areas as well as your Anatomy, History and more.
WEEK 18 INDEPENDENT WORK
LINK: WEEK 17 ANSWER KEY
Note: due to the nature of this week’s assignments there will be no Week 18 Answer Key
POST ANSWERS IN CANVAS:
ON THE FLOOR ASSIGNMENT
REVIEW YOUR INTERMEDIATE I AND II WORKOUTS!
1. Practice this week to get it in your body so that the Advanced moves just slip right in.
2. Assess yourself for unnecessary choreography or modifications. At this point you should feel comfortable giving complete moves, or eliminating them or substituting exercises for other moves later in the session.
3. Watch this video which shows many of the moves from the Advanced repertoire on the Reformer. If you do not have a subscription, sign up for a trial subscription. Link Here.
SHARE YOUR REACTIONS TO THE VIDEO IN DISCUSSIONS
4. This week practice the traditional ending on your own body and those of your clients.
Q: Understanding before Explanation
1. The order of the System is vital to the practice of Pilates. Read this Blog post by Pilates Instructor Andrea Maida to see what she thinks about why the Mat exercises are in a certain order. Use your Return to Life book as a reference for each exercise she mentions.
What are your thoughts on WHY any order exists?
PROGRAM DESIGN ASSIGNMENT
Design a class or session this week on the theme of Control.
Use your Theme Sheet.
get reAdy to test out - tip
Real workouts don’t take 3 minutes to get ready. Set your clients up as quickly as possible. As quickly as possible. That is not a typo. See if you can silently keep pace with a 1-2-3 count before your client is moving along. Anything longer is a waste of time. Cue through the movement - while moving, not while sitting still.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK!