BEGINNER TEST OUT STUDY SHEET
FIRST: You will be assigned a random body. It may be a client, a first timer or even a teacher.
SECOND: You will likely be stopped during your exam. Lead trainers use these exams as teaching opportunities. Do not fall apart if you are asked to explain, repeat or demonstrate a move.
- Greetings to a new client are appropriate.
- Demonstrate how to introduce a client to the Reformer. Three Items to cover.
- Know how to Mount the Reformer and other apparatus.
- Review your Basic Orders and your Beginner Orders - they are not the same.
- Names of exercise are used in the session.
- Key concepts are mentioned throughout. Powerhouse, Box, C-curve, Scoop, Control.
- Use of our key training methodology - CHAI is demonstrated. How should you stand? How should you use your hands?
- SAFETY issues on All equipment are demonstrated if needed.
- Adjust equipment if needed for smaller or taller individuals.
- Wrap up with a new client.
- Discussion points about Pilates in general.